Looking for pest control near me? This is but a natural demand, considering the fact that termites are not the sole pests that may cause issues. There are cockroaches, rodents, flies, bed bugs and other pests to deal with, including wood-boring insects as well, which regularly invade homes in the USA. In this scenario, spotting any infections is often difficult while moving into your new home. As a result, getting an inspection done by a professional exterminator near me or a commercial pest control company is the need of the hour.
Why an inspection is highly needed
Residential pest control can be done more effectively once you have an inspection done at your home. As per studies conducted by the National Pest Management Association, $5 billion worth of damages are done annually to homes in the USA by termites only. This is paid out of the pockets of homeowners themselves in most cases. Suitable termite control packages are hence necessary since insurance plans of homeowners do not usually offer coverage for these damages.
Hence, get a pest inspection done prior to a home purchase and continue getting inspections done on a regular basis to spot infections early on and combat them before it gets too late. Even if you think you can do without an inspection, your mortgage lender may require one as well. Some other plans that you can opt for include rodent control and also wasp nest removal which is a godsend for several households which have these located in close proximity. In fact, a bed bug exterminator can help in tackling another common menace with regular inspections.
Key Benefits of Inspections:
- Licensed professionals take care of inspections of pests and buildings with suitable training in detecting damage signs from possible infections at homes.
- These professionals may quickly spot issues that you may never realize in the first place.
- The official inspection report will help you decide on buying any specific property.
- Termites and other insects may damage the foundations and structural framework of homes, thereby making things really unsafe for inhabitants. Inspections will guarantee safety and mental peace.
Pest control- Solving common problems
In Australia, for instance, people grapple with a variety of locally present pests. Cockroaches are present in large numbers in Queensland, posing risks to health by contaminating food and spurring allergies, food poisoning and even asthma in some cases. Dryer winters and increasingly humid summer months make it conducive for cockroaches to settle in these areas. Cockroaches are usually drawn to moist areas although homeowners could wipe surfaces more regularly to keep them at bay.
Along with cockroaches, other bugs and pests also emerge at the beginning of spring as well. There are ways and means by which you can tackle pest outbreaks however. Here’s looking at some of them:
- Maintain Cleanliness– For keeping pests at bay, you should schedule regular spring cleaning sessions for your home. Bugs usually seek out indoor comforts such as food and warmer temperatures, concealing themselves in paper piles or even boxes and closets. Remove food crumbs under furniture or in other crevices/cracks in floors. Maintaining cleanliness at home will ensure fewer zones for bugs and pests to hide. Always wipe all surfaces with a disinfectant to remove any odors that may lure pests.
- Get professional help– The best thing you should do is schedule a professional inspection for pest control. Experts will naturally find infestations quicker and will help you treat the same swiftly as well. Preventive treatments by professionals may also be a great way to keep pests at bay in the first place.
- Get minor repair jobs executed– Pests look for easier access paths to homes. You should scan your home extensively to find any openings or cracks and get them repaired at the earliest. Check window screens or door screens for any tears/rips and seal up cracks. Make sure that entrance doors are in good shape as well.
Pest Control Industry adheres to COVID-19 standard protocols
The global pest control industry is also adhering to various standard safety protocols in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Pest control companies will initially be attempting to combat issues with pests from the exteriors of the property. Interior treatments and services will mostly remain suspended unless deemed absolutely crucial. Additional customer screening will be done for emergency interior services. Teams will maintain a distance of at least 6 feet or even more while wearing disposable gloves and masks if they enter homes and will also adhere to regular hand washing practices.
Employees will be adhering strictly to standard safety and operating protocols including regular hand-washing, minimal proximity or zero proximity to individuals who are sick and also being aware of the symptoms of coronavirus. Employees will also be put in 14-day quarantine in case any of them are diagnosed with the virus. Disinfected and clean workspaces will be maintained across office and commercial locations while technicians in some companies will get half-face respirators as protective equipment while working in confined zones. Technicians are also advised to use 6 mm disposable rubber gloves for work. Companies will make protective equipment available for their workers including gloves and hand sanitizers among others. Employees who exhibit symptoms will be prevented from working and non-essential activities will stand canceled.